Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

visit to the money museum

Last Monday I was toured by a friend  who is the grandson of  the former
BSP Gov. Jose B. Fernandez, Jr. (19 January 1984 - 19 February 1990 ),
through him I got the rare opportunity to enter the museum and got an exclusive
private tour with no visitors.

the museum, located at the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas Complex along Roxas
Boulevard near Pablo Ocampo Street (formerly Vito Cruz). its across the
Manila Yacht Club and diagonal to the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP).



before I start, here are some of the videos I got, that I would like to share
video1,   video 2   Video 3


Museo ng Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas. est. on January 3, 1999, the Museum opens
celebrating the 50 yrs of central banking, it showcases the Bank's collection
of different currencies. from the knives to gold jewelries, it preserves coins, paper
 notes, medals, artifacts and monetary items found in the Philippines during its
different historical periods and placed on permanent display cases inside the museum
aside from paintings, from the BSP art collection, there are a number of galleries,
dedicated to a specific historical period of the country visitors like you can observe
the development of the Philippine economy, parallel to the  evolution of its currency.


here are some of the things you can see inside the glass displays , I'd like to share some
pictures I took. (they are plenty, I hope you dont mind)


















the pictures above are just some of the many picture I took, sorry I only used a 
cam phone so the image are blurry. pls. bear with me

hope you enjoyed the pictures above, this is your LOVERBOY Dennis signing out







No comments:

Post a Comment