Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 31, 2017

looking back at the year that was...2017

The holiday tables have been cleared, and the gifts have been unwrapped.
Yet as we gather with family and friends to celebrate the end of one year
and the hopeful beginning of another, we don’t reflect on the items that
were given and received or the dishes served at dinner. as the first day of
the year begins. I would like to reflect on what happened the past year.


I started with Jan 15's event, to gain more friends from the hobby that
I love.. Cactus and Succulents

the first 2 quarters of 2017 has been dedicated to my travels. North and South.
I have been to places where I never thought I would reach in my 42 yrs.
thanks to Jenny my travel buddy.


Minasa Festival Jan 21. 2017

Basilica of Saint Martin of tours, Taal Jan 29 , 2017

Lakad Pamana Baliwag tour

AHP Cavite tour
Bustos Dam April 9, 2017

May 17 Gumaca, Quezon tour



May 22, Nagsasa, Capones, Zambales


May 28, Bamboo Farm, Pampanga

Sitio La Presa June 14,2017

June 13, Ciudad Elmina



Sinagtala June 17, 2017

Las Casas de Acuzar birthday treat of Jenny, (photo by Allan P. Martinez)

there are actually lots of travel pictures that could not be placed in just
one blog. too many happy moments, of fun and meeting new friends
until late August, when the hungry ghost month sets in.

towards the other half of 2017 its a year of turmoil for me.
dad experienced his first stroke on his birthday on Aug 26,
and did not have the strength to recover and fight. its the hungry
ghost month then, and the legions of doom took him away from us.
he left us on Sept 3 , a few days before Mom's birthday.

I lost a number of friends this year.I lost my cousin, also neighbors. 2017 is
not that good but we must live each day as positive and as happy as possible
face the future, and never look back. stress and depression can kill these days.

this is also the year where a new bond of friendship was formed. one that
asked nothing in return.

this year is memorable for me. I learned the real meaning of moving on
when dad passed on. I lost the most important person who I idolized and
looked up to. but hard times does not mean  life has to stop.
I know I have to keep doing what I do best. and that life must go on.


its also a year where the restoration of my other car Galant was completed
thanks to Jen, and my supportive friend Mang George for helping with the
restoration process, Ella for helping me with the Registration, doing the
stencil Danna for accompanying me to bring the car back.
after a few weeks... I joined my first tour.

Oct 28. AHP Maragondon tour

Aseanpex 2017, Nov 2017
OMEN EVENT


Often we do not take a moment and think about what really matters to us and what
our contribution to the world is.

why not make 2018 the year of self love

Heroes aren’t made in a mirror, they’re made instead by allowing the inner beauty of
their heart to reflect light to a world absolutely starved for it. Today, and as we move
through this first day of 2018....

for those thinking of a new years resolution? think of this...

focus on results, & you'll never change. focus on change, GET RESULTS.

this is your LOVERBOY Dennis signing out. Happy New Year.



No comments:

Post a Comment