Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 5, 2017

mooncake festival celebration 2017


I looked forward to this day with eagerness as I had been longing for the nightmare
of this stressful month of September to end as quickly as it started.
the mid autumn festival dice game (Pua Tiong Chiu) is a special time of year when
beauty, entertainment, happiness, and the values of our Chinese culture are combined.
In my experience at the Moon festival,( no , its the mid autumn festival) held in
13 ubay st. in Retiro QC just last Sunday the 1st day of October,
I saw all that and much more.



today, is 中秋节. a 3000 yr old festival which is called the Mid-Autumn Festival.
 its a harvest festival, celebrated in most East Asian countries, such as China and
Vietnam. The festival takes places on month 8 day 15 of the Chinese calendar.
It is the second most important festival in China after Chinese New Year.
To us, the festival means family reunion and peace. this year, I know I will miss
my father, and there wont be any imaginary "moon watching activity" with dad....
I know I will miss a lot, including the taste of mooncake.

oh, there wont be any Chinese lantern lighting or dragon dances this yr. :(
New celebrations have developed in recent years. The younger generations

prefer traveling, surfing the Internet, and using smart phone apps to celebrate with
their families, through selfies, videocall, and the new facebook LIVE! they dont need
to travel the distance anymore.

let me share a little celebration from my friends at Chinoy Life. a gathering between
filipino-Chinese friends held at 13 Ubay St.

I didnt win any major price. its fun though! meeting new friends and old friends with a smile.
see you in our next activity!!!

see you next year. this is your LOVERBOY Dennis signing out

No comments:

Post a Comment