Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

IMPROVING PHILIPPINE PHILATELY

sabi ni Philatelist president Roosevelt “Stamp Collecting dispels boredom, 
enlarges our vision, broadens our knowledge, makes us better citizen and 
in innumerable ways,  enriches our lives” 

ansabe ni Philatelist F. Mercury? nag Bohemian Rhapsody. Stamp Collecting 
can be a good hobby because you can get back again to Collecting, sorting, 
as you mature



its a hobby that adjusts to your lifestyle. when you are bz, you can stop, then any
moment that you have the time, get back to it. si Queen nag Bohemian at
sumikat, he stopped Collecting stamps nung Rock star status na sya.

sino kaya nagmana sa Collection nya? am sure meron.
or na donate sa charity?

that is the one biggest problem of Stamp Collectors.
kung baga... sa bawat kolektor, theres a question of who will inherit my collection?

the lifetime Collection I build as I grow up?

to my fellow collectors, who will inherit your collection?
how do you teach your kids?
how can we teach the kids? the future stamp collectors.

how can we produce this interest in the hobby? and make them brag about what he 
just acquired to his/her friend?


can they still produce the excitement we have before?
most stamps of veteran philatelist are collected. built as time and age passed.... 
and not BOUGHT.



Now, anybody with a deep pocket can have vintage stamps.
including you and me. we buy it. the whole estate lot, the whole collection, and 
just store it. but does not understand what stamps we bought, the history behind it. 
the story. most of us dont know. including me.


I started when I was as young as 7yrs old.
my collection are mostly from inheritance from uncles who are not with us anymore.
some are from my teachers. my ex-gfs, my friends (who buy as pasalubong). as 
decades past.. there are no more ways to source out stamps as a gift for free... 
thats when I started buying them.(2012)



how did my elders got me started? I love the colors. just the pictures convinced 
me to acquire more.through hingi penge system. and penfriends correspondence 
from I.Y.S. (my first set of penfriends were from Finland, Spain, Indonesia(naging 
exgf ko, and Philippines)) and as years passed, I began collecting stamps from 
other parts, sabi ko, aba, unike MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE, STARWARS, 
TRANSFORMER or GIJOE toyline, Its just soooo impossible to collect em all!! 

so I shifted to thematic, all flowers, all animals, and yet, mahirap din! aba laki ng 
animal kingdom! 


when I joined the heritage tours of Rence last 2012, I began to learn a lot,
na there is a history in every stamp. so I shifted again, Spanish Philippines,

Japanese Occupation, American Occupation ang pinag concentrate ko.



when did you start collecting?
how did this hobby influenced you as a student?

Tell us your story....

No comments:

Post a Comment