Total Pageviews

Friday, September 15, 2017

My most unforgettable Ghost month

I have been offline for a while, a good 2 wks. its not because am busy
with tours and travel but something not so good happened... this ghost month
I have been taking care of dad since last year when he has difficulty walking
because of his peripheral vascular decease. and an injury in his L1  and L2.
and with prostate problems,  everyday is a struggle walking, going to the CR.
I would remember he needs to count from one to twenty and urinating is a not
your usual effortless activity.

he had an accident last Wednesday, 4 days before his birthday. I was not around
then because I went to Ayuntamiento to attend a lecture by my friend Xiao.
he drops a cup of hot coffee and it poured down his left arm. damaging a big patch 
of  skin. I never know that this will lead to stress and eventually to his untimely stroke
and comma.

on the eve of his birthday, he still acts normal. then the next day, he had difficulty 
speaking all of the sudden, that was around 8am. we were all ignorant that the fist
hour of a stroke patient is a life and death emergency situation. we gave care for
him, til 1030pm before bringing dad to the hospital. a big mistake. because of this
we paid for it dearly and regret this blunder  til now.

he had stroke, on his birthday. thats not a good sign. and the next 2 days, in comma.
we all decided not to put him in the life support system and ICU and to just
let dad die on his sleep.

he died peacefully in his sleep Sept 3, 2017 at 5:15pm

offerings to ghosts without families must be made so that they will not cause you
any harm. Ghost month is the most dangerous time of the year, and malevolent
spirits are on the look out to capture souls.
is it coincidence or just a series of mistakes happening at the wrong place at the
wrong time? chitgephua is Sept 5, dad passed away, Sept 3. is it because of 
the hungry ghost month? on the day of his wake since its ghost month chitgehphua....
a selected few of my chinese friends attended the wake and burial. since its taboo 
to visit the dead.


Even the bravest person will have a hard time recovering from the death of a 
loved one. during a time of grief it can be difficult to find the words to express 
your feelings.

after Sept 3.  its a challenge to move on from the the emotional burden and grief.
This is what my family needs most at this point, to feel that we are never alone and 
that people , friends care about us and dad.

I will not mention my friends anymore, you know who you are...
those who came, who called, and those who accompany me from day 1, to the 
last day of the wake. its really appreciated. my heartfelt gratitude to each and 
everyone of you.

AUG 26, 1940 - SEPT 3, 2017
things shall be back to normal after this blog today. it must be!
I have no choice, but to LIVE LIFE, a life with no stress to think good thoughts. 
and happy memories for years to come!
daddy , NO TEARS! as promised. DEN will miss you.

this month will never be the easiest  for me. I feel a void...daily.
something missing. dad's coffee? dad's soda? or perhaps his
favorite oreo cookies?
It will never be easy loosing folks we love
dad.. I whispered to you that Ill be strong. and I did.
I never cried. NO... I will LIVE LIFE and survive, because
LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL.
Your memory is a keepsake. With which we’ll never part.
things are a little bit different now. because God has you in his keeping.
I have made the conscious decision to be thankful for what I have, rather 
than be unhappy about what I do not.
my family, friends, ebebs, thanks for everything. 

its been a long, tiring week... but now?
..... am back ...... back to reality....
back to blogging.
as they say in Chinese...
事定之後,仍先開店.
this is your LOVERBOY Dennis signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment